Life Income Gifts
You want maximum flexibility over the investment and benefits of your gift plan. The assets in a charitable remainder trust are separately invested and managed by a trustee designated by the donor or by financial institution used by Stroud Water Research Center. The most popular types of charitable remainder trusts are Unitrusts and Annuity Trusts.
In exchange for a gift of cash, securities, or other assets, you will:
- receive guaranteed life income for one or two named beneficiaries
- receive an immediate charitable income tax deduction
- choose an option of a DEFERRED GIFT ANNUITY to secure future income
- know that a substantial gift will be made to Stroud Water Research Center
Charitable Remainder Unitrust
- provides life income for the donor’s designated beneficiary(ies) based on a fixed percentage rate of the fair market value of the trust, recalculated annually
- provides an immediate tax deduction based on payout rate selected and the number and ages of the income beneficiaries
- gifts may be made in cash, appreciated stock (to avoid capital gains tax) or real estate, subject to certain restrictions
Charitable Lead Trust
This is similar to a remainder trust, except that Stroud Water Research Center receives income for the life of the trust, with the principal reverting to the donor’s designated beneficiary(ies) at the termination of the trust. Normally, these trusts are used to reduce estate taxes and pass future growth to heirs.
Charitable Remainder Annuity Trust
Provides life income for the donor’s designated beneficiary(ies) based on a fixed dollar amount which never changes (5% minimum).
Learn more about:
We are here to help
We are here to discuss your thoughts and to answer questions that may arise. We would be pleased to discuss, in confidence, ways in which you may support Stroud Water Research Center and to provide you with a personalized gift illustration. If you are unsure of which planned gift will suit your needs and would like to discuss the options that might be best for you, please email Kristine Lisi, Director of Development, or call 610-268-2153, ext. 304.
The information we provide is general in nature and may not apply to all individuals. We urge prospective donors to consult their legal and financial advisors concerning specific consequences of making estate gifts to Stroud Water Research Center.