Fish Molecular Ecology Group
This laboratory works to determine why fish in streams have the distributions they do. Our research includes field studies of fish movement, species composition and productivity; genetic studies of population structure; laboratory studies of tolerance limits to chemical, physical and biological factors; as well as mathematical modeling of population dynamics.
- Fish quarantine area consisting of six 120 gallon circular rearing tanks on a water recirculation system filled with pathogen free well water.
- Five experimental water recirculation systems each with twenty-four 20 liter tanks and capacity for heating and cooling over 150 gallons of water at 8°F/hr.
- G-Storm thermocycler Molecular Devices SpectraMax M2 microplate reader.
- ETS Electrofishing backpack unit.
- Full duplex and half duplex Passive Integrated Transponder tag detection technology.
David B. Arscott, Ph.D.