Adjunct Research Scientist
Interests and Expertise
- Investigating the processes of organic matter cycling throughout watersheds — from soils to rivers to estuaries.
- Elucidating the interplay between degradation and sorption processes in determining the composition and ultimate fate of organic matter within river systems.
- Employing diverse analytical and experimental techniques to answer hypothesis-driven questions.
- Synthesizing observation and theory into quantitative models of various types in order to guide new experiments and theory.
- Ph.D., Chemical Oceanography, University of Washington.
- M.S., Chemical Oceanography, University of Washington.
- B.A., Chemistry, Dartmouth College.
- Senior Research Scientist, LimnoTech, Oakdale, Minnesota.
- Associate Research Scientist, Stroud Water Research Center, 2003–2016.
- National Science Foundation (NSF) Postdoctoral Fellow, NSF International Research Fellowship Program, 2002.
Karwan, D. L., C. M. Siegert, D. F. Levia, J. Pizzuto, J. Marquard, R. Aalto, and A. K. Aufdenkampe. 2016. Hydrological Processes 30(1):75–89.
Horsburgh, J.S., A.K. Aufdenkampe, E. Mayorga, K.A. Lehnert, L. Hsu, L. Song, A.S. Jones, S.G. Damiano, D.G. Tarboton, D. Valentine, I. Zaslavsky, and T. Whitenack. 2016. Environmental Modelling & Software 79:55–74.
Rosier, C.L., D.F. Levia, J.T. Van Stan, A.K. Aufdenkampe, and J. Kan. 2016. European Journal of Soil Biology 73:108–118.
Yoo, K., B. Fisher, J. Ji, A. Aufdenkampe, and J. Klaminder. 2015. Science of the Total Environment 521:326–335.
White, T., S. Brantley, S. Banwart, J. Chorover, W. Dietrich, L. Derry, K. Lohse, S. Anderson, A. Aufdenkampe, R. Bales, P. Kumar, D. Richter, and B. McDowell. 2015. Pages 15–17 in J.R. Giardino and C. Houser (editors). Developments in earth surface processes, volume 19: principles and dynamics of the Critical Zone. Elsevier, Cambridge, Massachusetts.