Research Scientist Emeritus
- Affiliate Faculty, Delaware Environmental Institute, University of Delaware
970 Spencer Road, Avondale, PA 19311
Interests and Expertise
Dissolved organic matter biogeochemistry, aquatic microbial ecology, and nutrient cycling.
- Ph.D., Biology (Limnology), University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- M.S., Ecology, University of California, Davis, California.
- B.A., Environmental Sciences, Franklin and Marshall College, Lancaster, Pennsylvania.
- Research Scientist Emeritus, Stroud Water Research Center, 2018–present.
- Director, Ecosystem Science Cluster, Division of Environmental Science, National Science Foundation, 2015–2018.
- Senior Research Scientist, Stroud Water Research Center, 1999–2017.
- Curator, Division of Environmental Research, Stroud Water Research Center, Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia, 1996–1999.
- Assistant Curator, Division of Environmental Research, Stroud Water Research Center, Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia, 1988–1992.
- Research Associate, Division of Environmental Research, Stroud Water Research Center, Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia, 1980–1988.
- Post Graduate Research Scientist III, University of California, Davis, California, 1974–1975.
Measuring heterotrophic respiration rates of suspended particulate organic carbon from stream ecosystems
Estimation of dissolved organic carbon contribution from hillslope soils to a headwater stream
Biological lability of streamwater fluorescent dissolved organic matter
Scientific and educational aspects of water quality and stream health in Eastern Pennsylvania
See all publications by Stroud Center authors
UpStream Newsletter, February 2013
UpStream Newsletter, Summer 2012
Dynamics of Organic Particles in River Ecosystems
Hydrologic Regulation of Dissolved Organic Matter Biogeochemistry From Forests Through River Networks
The Application of Scaling Rules to Energy Flow in Stream Ecosystems
Integrating the Carbon and Water Cycles Within an Ecosystem Esthetic Approach to Landscapes