Water Quality Concerns
Help for Watershed and Conservation Organizations
The Consortium for Scientific Assistance to Watersheds (C-SAW) is a team of specialists who provide FREE organizational and scientific technical assistance to Pennsylvania-based watershed and conservation organizations. C-SAW does not conduct watershed monitoring or assessments, but instead helps watershed organizations do a better job with their own monitoring and assessments. The Stroud Center is a C-SAW technical assistance provider.
Contacts for Water Quality Concerns
Stroud Water Research Center does not give advice or help with the following issues but offers these contacts as a courtesy to the public.
- Delaware River: Call 1-800-8DELAWARE or visit the Delaware Riverkeeper Report a Polluter page.
- Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery, and Philadelphia Counties: Contact the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection, Southeast Regional Office.
- To report an incident to the Pennsylvania Fish & Boat Commission call 1-855-FISH-KIL (1-855-347-4545)
EROSION AND SEDIMENTATION ISSUES
- Chester County Conservation District, 610-925-4920
POND MANAGEMENT, NUISANCE ALGAE, AND WEED CONTROL
- Pennsylvania Lake Management Society
- Chester County Water Resources Authority
- Ecologically Based Small Pond Management
- Managing Small Ponds: Strategies for Small Pond Owners
- Management Strategies for the Small Pond Owner
- The Limnology of Small Ponds
- Penn State Cooperative Extension pond management web page
- List of Pennsylvania pond consultants