Water Quality Concerns
Help for Watershed and Conservation Organizations
The Consortium for Scientific Assistance to Watersheds (C-SAW) is a team of specialists who provide FREE organizational and scientific technical assistance to Pennsylvania-based watershed and conservation organizations. C-SAW does not conduct watershed monitoring or assessments, but instead helps watershed organizations do a better job with their own monitoring and assessments. The Stroud Center is a C-SAW technical assistance provider.
Contacts for Water Quality Concerns
Stroud Water Research Center does not give advice or help with the following issues but offers these contacts as a courtesy to the public.
- Delaware River: Call 1-800-8DELAWARE or visit the Delaware Riverkeeper Report a Polluter page.
- Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery, and Philadelphia Counties: Contact the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection, Southeast Regional Office.
- To report an incident to the Pennsylvania Fish & Boat Commission call 1-855-FISH-KIL (1-855-347-4545)
Erosion and Sedimentation Issues
- Chester County Conservation District, 610-925-4920
Well and Septic Issues
- Chester County Health Department, 610-344-6225
- Well water testing labs in Chester County and nearby counties
- Septic system permits, policies, evaluations, and enforcement in Chester County