Media Contact: Diane Huskinson
See how Stroud™ Water Research Center’s freshwater science, environmental education, and watershed restoration work is being covered in the media.
- October 31, 2022: Rural farmers partner with government and institutions to prevent manure from entering waterways, Grid Philly.
- August 16, 2022: Stone mulch better than herbicide in riparian buffers, Lancaster Farming.
- June 15, 2022: The Schuylkill is clean but has a public relations problem, study finds, The Philadelphia Inquirer.
- May 11, 2022: Brandywine-Christina watershed faces population boom, Delaware Currents.
- April 20, 2022: Streams in the Delaware River watershed face a variety of threats, Delaware Currents.
- April 1, 2022: Classroom on wheels: How Stroud Water Research Center is changing environmental ed, Green Philly.
- March 14, 2022: Could beets be an answer to Philly’s polluting use of salt for winter weather?, The Philadelphia Inquirer.
- February 25, 2022: Warming streams pose threat to mayflies, study finds, Penn Live / Patriot News.
- February 24, 2022: Seeing the Pasture for the Trees: Agroforestry Slowly Showing Promise in Pennsylvania, Lancaster Farming.
- February 4, 2022: Road salt hazardous to the environment?, Smart Talk, WITF.
- February 1, 2022: Experts explain how leftover road salt impacts water sources, Fox29.
- January 29, 2022: Local plants, streams suffer from salt applied to roads, lots, sidewalks during winter storms, Lancaster Online.
- January 24, 2022: Regional roundup: what’s the true cost of road salt?, Radio Times, WHYY.
- January 19, 2022: Nearly 2,400 more miles of Pennsylvania’s streams are impaired now compared to just two years ago, The Philadelphia Inquirer.
- January 11, 2022: Winter road salt is making some Philly-area streams as salty as the ocean, enough to kill wildlife, The Philadelphia Inquirer.
- December 21, 2021: New Method for Rainfall Simulation, Labroots.
- December 6, 2021: Delaware schools to boost environmental curricula, Bay to Bay News.
- November 30, 2021: Announcing the winners of the 2021-2022 AWS Imagine Grant, Amazon Web Service Public Sector Blog. (See our press release)
- November 8, 2021: Behind Ida’s destruction along the Brandywine: A 1,000-year downpour, a “choke point,” and a record crest, The Philadelphia Inquirer.
- October 28, 2021: Tree planting at Manheim Township park aims to protect waterways and habitats, ABC27 News.
- September 13, 2021: Intersections between Open Science Hardware and Citizen Science: Reflections Following CitSciVirtual 2021. Wilson Center CNTRL Forward blog.
- September 7, 2021: Conservation opportunity: A new focus on leased farmland. Chesapeake Bay Journal.
- July 30, 2021: This lab wants to help Delaware deal with PFAS contamination. Delaware Public Media.
- June 16, 2021: Groups Want Pennsylvania Farm Tax Breaks Tied To Conservation Plans. Maryland Patch.com.
- May 27, 2021: In Pennsylvania, agroforestry holds a key to cleaning up waterways and Chesapeake Bay. Mongabay.
- May 14, 2021: A Riparian Buffer Takes Root in Lancaster County. Lancaster Farming.