Joan and Dick Stroud Memorial Lecture
Held in memory of Joan and Dick Stroud, co-founders of Stroud™ Water Research Center, this lecture series allows us to share with our friends and the general public a special evening with speakers who will both enlighten and entertain — sharing their research and their perspectives on subjects from watershed ecology to conservation and more.
Upcoming and Recent Lectures
Earlier Presentations and Speakers
- Subhankar Banerjee, artist, educator, activist, author of several books, including Arctic National Wildlife Refuge: Seasons of Life and Land.
- Mayra Bonilla, outdoor photographer, founder Audiovise S.A., Costa Rica
- Rita Colwell, director, National Science Foundation
- Wade Davis, anthropologist, botanist, filmmaker, photographer, author and National Geographic Explorer in Residence.
- Dr. Michael Dombeck, former chief of the US Forest Service, pioneer professor of Global Environmental Management University of Wisconsin
- James A. Duke, ethnobotanist, director, Duke’s Herbal Vineyard, Inc.
- Scott Faber, Farm Policy Campaign Director for Environmental Defense
- Daniel Janzen, professor of biology, University of Pennsylvania
- Robert F. Kennedy Jr., chairman, Riverkeeper Alliance
- Last Call at the Oasis (documentary film about the global water crisis)
- Gene Likens, Director, Institute for Ecosystem Studies
- Patrick McCully, Campaigns Director, International Rivers Network
- L.D. McMullen, CEO and General Manager, Des Moines Water Works
- Jeff Orlowski, filmmaker, photographer, director/producer of the award-winning film, Chasing Ice.
- Tim Palmer, conservationist, photographer, and author of more than 20 books including Wild and Scenic Rivers: An American Legacy
- Robert McCracken Peck, Academy Fellow, Curator of Art & Artifacts, Editor, Scientific Publications, Academy of Natural Science
- Sandra Postel, Senior Fellow, Worldwatch Institute
- Robert M. Pyle, Author, Chasing Monarchs: A Migration with the Butterflies of Passage and other nature books
- Peter Raven, Director, Missouri Botanical Garden
- Vincent Resh, Professor, Insect Biology, University of California, Berkeley
- Gus Speth, Dean, School of Forestry & Environmental Studies, Yale University
- William Taylor, President, Atlantic Salmon Federation
- Alvaro Ugalde, Chief Environmental Officer of the Foundation for U.S.-Costa Rica Cooperation
- Virginia Tech Flint Water Study Team (update on the Flint, Michigan, water crisis)
- Liz Walker, Co-Founder and Executive Director of EcoVillage at Ithaca (EVI)
- Dr. J. Bruce Wallace, Professor of Entomology and Ecology, University of Georgia
- George Woodwell, Founder and Director, Woods Hole Research Center