[ALUMNA] Postdoctoral Researcher
Fluvial Geomorphology Department
Interests and Expertise
Dr. Ouellet’s main research interest focuses on understanding how different environmental variables, such as water temperature, flow, etc., affect the habitat of key fish species. She has worked on thermal budgets, 2-D water temperature modeling, and fish habitat modeling using a variety of quantitative approaches.
Her work at the Stroud Center focused on understanding how stream network water temperatures are impacted by land use, how we can manipulate riparian buffers to restore stream thermal regimes and improve ecosystem resiliency to climate change, and improve thermal habitat for native cold-water fishes.
- Ph.D.,Water Sciences, Institut National de Recherche Scientifique Centre Eau Terre Environnement, Québec, Canada.
- M.S., Water Sciences, Institut National de Recherche Scientifique Centre Eau Terre Environnement, Québec, Canada.
- Second cycle specialised degree certificate,Wildlife and Habitats Management, Université du Québec à Rimouski, Rimouski, Canada.
- B.S., Biological Sciences, specialized in Ecology and Environment, Montréal University, Montréal, Canada.
- Postdoctoral Researcher, Stroud Water Research Center, 2015-2017.
- Postdoctoral Researcher, Fisheries and Oceans Canada – Great Lakes Laboratory for Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences, Burlington, Canada, 2014.
- Senior Biologist, Director, and Project Supervisor, Confluence Aquatic Ecosystems, Matapedia, Canada, 2014.
- Biologist, Ecohydraulic Section, Environment Canada, Meteorological Service of Canada, 2012-2013.
- Biologist and Project Supervisor, Natural Resources and Wildlife Ministry of Québec, Québec, Canada, 2006-2013.
- Educator and Field Trainer, Alternance de Vie et Éveil Social (AVES), Québec, Canada, 2008-2012.
- Intern in fluvial modeling, Environment Canada, Meteorological Service of Canada – Ecohydraulic section, Québec, Canada, 2003-2012.
- Intern in hydrology, Environment Canada, Meteorological Service of Canada, Vancouver, Canada, 2007-2008.
- Intern in knowledge transfer, hydraulic and habitat modeling, CEMAGREF of Lyon, Lyon, France, 2005.
Stroud Center Publications
Impacts of stream riparian buffer land use on water temperature and food availability for fish
Riparian and geomorphic controls on thermal habitat dynamics of pools in a temperate headwater stream