[ALUMNA] Education Specialist
Interests and Expertise
Jen has over 15 years of combined experience working in experiential education and field research with positions located in a variety of ecosystems, from forests to rivers and streams, marshes to beaches, and bays to the ocean. Her true passion lies in creating programming designed to inspire underserved girls to become the future leaders in science and engineering through fun hands-on programming designed just for them. When not at work, she enjoys camping, kayaking, hiking, and taking road trips with her family.
- M.S., Marine Biosciences, College of Earth, Ocean, and Environment, University of Delaware, Lewes, Delaware (partial).
- B.S., Biological Sciences, Rowan University, Glassboro, New Jersey.
- Manager of STEM Education and On-Water Programs, Independence Seaport Museum, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- Director of School Programs, Fernbrook Farms Environmental Education Center, Chesterfield, New Jersey.
- Harmful Algae Research Assistant, University of Delaware, Lewes, Delaware.
- Beach Nesting Bird Steward, New Jersey Fish and Wildlife, Tuckahoe, New Jersey.
- Fiddler Crab Research Assistant, Rowan University, Glassboro, New Jersey.
- Fish and Invertebrate Biologist Volunteer, Adventure Aquarium, Camden, New Jersey.
- Marine Science Educator, New Jersey State Aquarium, Camden, New Jersey.
- Camp Counselor, JCC Camps, Medford, New Jersey.