Stroud Water Research Center
970 Spencer Road, Avondale, PA, 19311
Interests and Expertise
Mary retired after nearly four decades in Pennsylvania public education. In addition to teaching many different honors-level, college preparatory, and special needs science and math courses, Mary was a faculty mentor, science department facilitator, and a field hockey, basketball, and track coach. She loves to cook and experiment in the kitchen and teaches cooking classes for Delaware Nature Society. She volunteers with Kennett Area Community Service, Meals on Wheels, and Family Promise, and creates costumes for the musical productions at Unionville High School.
- Continuing course work and education at multiple education institutions in the fields of genetics and genetic technology,
environmental science, biology, science ethics, and forensics.
- Mathematics education certification, Immaculata College, Immaculata, Pennsylvania.
- M.S., Biology and Environmental Science, West Chester University, West Chester, Pennsylvania.
- B.S., Biology, Lebanon Valley College, Annville, Pennsylvania.
- Springfield School District, Springfield, Delaware County, Pennsylvania, 1981–2014. Experience included teaching Advanced Placement Biology; AP-level and Introductory Environmental Science; Comparative Vertebrate Anatomy; Human Anatomy and Physiology; Forensic Investigations; and special needs biology and science courses. Served as science department facilitator, faculty mentor, and on district, county, state, and national level curriculum committees.
- Marple Newtown School District, Newtown Square, Pennsylvania, 1976–1981. Teacher of honors level, college preparatory, and special needs biology classes.