tel. 610-268-2153, ext. 1256
970 Spencer Road, Avondale, PA 19311
- M.S., fisheries, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
- B.S., biology, West Chester University, West Chester, Pennsylvania.
- Staff scientist, Stroud Water Research Center, 2003–present.
- Lead technician, Aquatic Ecology Lab, Joseph W. Jones Ecological Research Center, Newton, Georgia, 1997–2003.
- Graduate research assistant, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, 1994–1997.
- Research associate in molecular pharmacology, Cephalon Incorporated, West Chester, Pennsylvania, 1992–1994.
- Research assistant, Liquid Life Lab, West Chester University, Pennsylvania, 1992–1993.
Evaluating water quality for Amazonian streams along the Interoceanic Highway in Peru using macroinvertebrates collected by hand and with leaf packs
Sweeney, B.W., J.M. Battle, D.H. Funk, R.W. Flowers, T. Gonzales Ojeda, A. Huamantinco, J.K. Jackson, and M. Arnold. 2020. Limnologica 81, 125759.
Does DNA barcoding improve performance of traditional stream bioassessment metrics?
Stein, E.D., B.P. White, R.D. Mazor, J.K. Jackson, J.M. Battle, P.E. Miller, E.M. Pilgrim, and B.W. Sweeney. 2014. Freshwater Science 33(1):302–311.
Cryptic biodiversity in streams: a comparison of macroinvertebrate communities based on morphological and DNA barcode identifications
Jackson, J.K., J.M. Battle, B.P. White, E.M. Pilgrim, E.D. Stein, P.E. Miller, and B.W. Sweeney. 2014. Freshwater Science 33(1):312–324.
Abandoned coal mine drainage and its remediation: impacts on stream ecosystem structure and function
Bott, T.L., J.K. Jackson, M. McTammany, J.D. Newbold, S. Rier, B.W. Sweeney, and J. Battle. 2012. Ecological Applications 22:2144–2163.
Can DNA barcodes of stream macroinvertebrates improve descriptions of community structure and water quality?
Sweeney, B.W., J.M. Battle, J.K. Jackson, and T. Dapkey. 2011. Journal of the North American Benthological Society 30(1):195–216.