Part-Time Environmental Educator
610-268-2153, ext. 230
970 Spencer Road, Avondale, PA 19311
- M.S., Renewable Natural Resources with a concentration in fisheries and aquaculture, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
- B.S., Environmental Science, Dickinson College, Carlisle, Pennsylvania.
- Research Technician, Stroud Water Research Center, 2018–present.
- Education Coordinator, Brandywine Red Clay Alliance, West Chester, 2017–2018.
- Graduate Assistant, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, 2015–2016.
- Intern, Smithsonian Environmental Research Center, Edgewater, Maryland, 2013.
- Teaching Assistant, Dickinson College, Carlisle, Pennsylvania, 2013.
- Research Assistant, Global Scholars, University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia, 2012.
- Independent Research, Sea Education Association, Woods Hole, Massachusetts, 2011.
The freshwater-focused activities can be completed without professional instruction, advanced technologies, English language fluency, or access to high-quality green spaces.
Bernasconi originally wanted to be a marine biologist but a semester on a sailing ship convinced her to stick to studying fresh water.
Eastern oyster clearance and respiration rates in response to acute and chronic exposure to suspended sediment loads
La Peyre, M.K., S. Bernasconi, R. Lavaud, S.M. Casas, and J.F. La Peyrec. 2020. Journal of Sea Research 157, 101831.