Ecosystem Ecology Group
Part-Time Environmental Educator
610-268-2153, ext. 1230
970 Spencer Road, Avondale, PA 19311
- M.S., renewable natural resources with a concentration in fisheries and aquaculture, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
- B.S., environmental science, Dickinson College, Carlisle, Pennsylvania.
- Staff scientist, Stroud Water Research Center, 2018–present.
- Education coordinator, Brandywine Red Clay Alliance, West Chester, 2017–2018.
- Graduate assistant, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, 2015–2016.
- Intern, Smithsonian Environmental Research Center, Edgewater, Maryland, 2013.
- Teaching assistant, Dickinson College, Carlisle, Pennsylvania, 2013.
- Research assistant, Global Scholars, University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia, 2012.
- Independent research, Sea Education Association, Woods Hole, Massachusetts, 2011.
Stronger Together: A Nonprofit Partnership Raises Road Salt Awareness
Stroud Water Research Center is honored to have received the Watershed Heroes Nonprofit Steward award from Tookany/Tacony-Frankford Watershed Partnership.
Stream nitrogen uptake associated with suspended sediments: a microcosm study
Bacmeister, E., E. Peck, S. Bernasconi, S. Inamdar, J. Kan, and M. Peipoch. 2022. Frontiers in Environmental Science 10: 1043638.
Effects of relic low-head dams on stream denitrification potential: seasonality and biogeochemical controls
Hripto, J., S. Inamdar, M. Sherman, E. Peck, A.J. Gold, S. Bernasconi, K. Addy, and M. Peipoch. 2022. Aquatic Sciences 84: 60.
Full STEAM Ahead: Delivering Education Programming to Girls’ Doorsteps
The freshwater-focused activities can be completed without professional instruction, advanced technologies, English language fluency, or access to high-quality green spaces.
Spotlight on Stephanie Bernasconi
Bernasconi originally wanted to be a marine biologist but a semester on a sailing ship convinced her to stick to studying fresh water.
Eastern oyster clearance and respiration rates in response to acute and chronic exposure to suspended sediment loads
La Peyre, M.K., S. Bernasconi, R. Lavaud, S.M. Casas, and J.F. La Peyrec. 2020. Journal of Sea Research 157, 101831.