Part-Time Environmental Educator
Stroud Water Research Center
970 Spencer Road, Avondale, PA, 19311
Interests and Expertise
Simon sings songs, writes songs, and creates concert experiences that encourage everyone to sing together songs of Earth-care, justice, and integrity. Putting to use his academic background in renewable energy and ecological design, Simon volunteers as a coordinator of the Lenape Forest Garden project with the Lenape Indian Tribe of Delaware, with a new focus on increasing the health of freshwater mussel populations in the local watershed. Other interests include dynamic governance (sociocracy), permaculture, and decolonization.
- B.A. in philosophy with a concentration in music as a tool for community building and trauma transformation, Green Mountain College, Poultney, Vermont.
- Permaculture Foundations Certification through a decolonization lens, The Eco-Institute at Pickards Mountain, Chapel Hill, North Carolina.
- Part-time environmental educator, Stroud Water Research Center, 2022–present.
- Board member, Lenape-Union Land Trust, 2021–present.
- Coordinator, Lenape Forest Garden Project, 2019–present.
- Clean Water Advocacy, Clean Water Action, 2018–2020.
- Sustainability Office, Green Mountain College, 2014–2018.
- Environmental educator/deckhand, The Schooner A.J. Meerwald, Bayshore Discovery Project, Port Norris, New Jersey, 2012–2013.