Part-Time Environmental Educator
Stroud Water Research Center
970 Spencer Road, Avondale, PA, 19311
Interests and Expertise
Carrie has always loved nature, animals, and the environment, and she is especially concerned with how they all interact with each other. As a Girl Scout, Carrie designed and implemented many conservation projects, including a three-year project to restore the forest surrounding Cedar Swamp Wildlife Area in Delaware. Her hard work and dedication to the environment led her to receive the 2011 Take Pride in America National Youth Volunteer Award, presented by the Department of the Interior at the White House. Carrie joined Restore Our Roots to continue to save native species by removing invasives and educating the community in the Downingtown, Pennsylvania area.
- B.S., captive wildlife care and education, Unity College, Unity, Maine.
- Part-time environmental educator, Stroud Water Research Center, 2022–present.
- Animal care educator, Children’s Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities Services Center, Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health, 2022–present.
- Animal care technician, Children’s Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities Services Center, Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health, 2021.
- Outdoor programs administrator, Boy Scouts of America Del-Mar-Va Council, 2019–2022.
- Seasonal naturalist, Killens Pond State Park, Delaware State Parks, 2019.
- Naturalist, Delaware Nature Society, 2018–2019.
- Environmental educator, Aquatic Resources Education Center, Delaware Department of Fish and Wildlife, 2015–2016.
- Seasonal naturalist, Brandywine Creek State Park, Delaware State Parks, 2015–2016.