Assistant Research Scientist
- Principal Investigator, Ecosystem Ecology Group
tel. 610–268–2153, ext. 269
970 Spencer Road, Avondale, PA 19311
Interests and Expertise
I am interested in fine- and large-scale controls on ecosystem structure and function, mostly in streams, rivers and floodplains. I use a diverse set of tools including field, laboratory, and modelling approaches. My research seeks to determine to what extent and under which conditions ecosystem patterns can be constrained by pressures operating at regional scales and/or emerging from aggregation of ecological, physical, and biogeochemical processes within the ecosystem. I am equally interested in questions addressing basic and applied research, from fundamental ecological theory to ecological restoration and conservation. More recently, I have become increasingly interested in interdisciplinary collaboration and the study of socio-ecological systems.
- Ph.D., Aquatic Ecology, University of Barcelona, Spain.
- M.S., Fundamental Ecology, University of Barcelona, Spain.
- B.S., Environmental Science, University of Girona, Spain.
- Assistant Research Scientist, Stroud Water Research Center, 2018–present.
- Professional Research Associate, Division of Biological Sciences, The University of Montana, Missoula, Montana, 2016–2017.
- Postdoctoral Scholar, Division of Biological Sciences, The University of Montana, Missoula, Montana, 2013–2016.
- Visiting Scholar, Flathead Lake Biological Station, The University of Montana, Missoula, Montana, 2010–2011.
- Graduate Researcher, Center for Advanced Studies of Blanes, Spanish National Research Council, Girona, Spain, 2009–2013.
- Undergraduate Research Assistant, Institute of Aquatic Ecology, Department of Aquatic Sciences, University of Girona, Spain, 2009.