Adjunct Research Scientist
- Ph.D., Chemical Oceanography, University of Washington.
- M.S., Chemical Oceanography, University of Washington.
- B.A., Chemistry, Dartmouth College.
Interests and Expertise
- Investigating the processes of organic matter cycling throughout watersheds — from soils to rivers to estuaries.
- Elucidating the interplay between degradation and sorption processes in determining the composition and ultimate fate of organic matter within river systems.
- Employing diverse analytical and experimental techniques to answer hypothesis-driven questions.
- Synthesizing observation and theory into quantitative models of various types in order to guide new experiments and theory.