Stroud Center educators recently visited the Lamotte Company in Chestertown, Maryland. Our educational product line with Lamotte includes:
- The Leaf Pack Experiment Stream Ecology Kit, a comprehensive kit designed to help students design, implement, and analyze a scientific investigation while discovering the value of aquatic macroinvertebrates as living indicators of water quality.
- The Aquatic Bug Kit, a creepy, crawly, wet investigation of the health of streams, ponds, and other freshwater environments.
- Aquatic Macroinvertebrate Life Cycle and Habitat Flashcards, a set of 22 full-color cards showing the immature and adult insect stages as well as detailed life cycle and habitat information.
- Aquatic Insect Identification Flashcards, featuring full-color photographs of common macroinvertebrates in their natural environment on the front and a list of dichotomous characteristics, a measuring scale, and detailed drawings on the back.
- Watershed Tour™, a kit for teachers whose students are unable to visit a stream but would like to learn about stream ecology, water quality issues, and their own connection to a watershed.
For more information and links for ordering, visit the Equipment page on our Leaf Pack Network® website. The Leaf Pack Network is part of WikiWatershed, a web toolkit designed to help citizens, conservation practitioners, municipal decision-makers, researchers, educators, and students advance knowledge and stewardship of fresh water. Learn more about WikiWatershed