Associate Research Scientist
- Principal investigator, Microbiology Group.
- Adjunct professor, Department of Biology, University of Pennsylvania.
- Adjunct professor, Department of Plant and Soil Sciences, University of Delaware.
970 Spencer Road, Avondale, PA 19311
Interests and Expertise
Jinjun Kan’s interests include environmental microbiology and molecular microbial ecology of aquatic ecosystems, particularly freshwater and estuaries, with a focus on algal, bacterial, archaeal, and viral population dynamics, and interactions with local environments, including trophic interactions, nutrient cycling, and biogeochemistry.
- Ph.D., environmental molecular microbiology/biotechnology, University of Maryland, College Park, Maryland.
- M.S., ecology, First Institute of Oceanography, State Oceanic Administration, Qingdao, China.
- B.S., ecology and environmental sciences, Ocean University of China, Qingdao, China.
- Associate research scientist, Stroud Water Research Center, 2017–present.
- Assistant research scientist, Stroud Water Research Center, 2010–2017.
- Postdoctoral fellow, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California, 2006–2010.
- Research assistant, University of Maryland Biotechnology Institute, College Park, Maryland, 2001–2006.
- Research assistant, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, 1999–2001.