(Note: the formal project title changes from year to year depending on which rivers are monitored.)
These projects use aquatic macroinvertebrates such as mayflies, stoneflies, and caddisflies to provide assessments of current water quality in these streams and rivers. Where long-term data are available, the most recent conditions are compared to historical conditions.
Funded by: Various public and private sources
- 2018: John K. Jackson
- 2010–2017: John K. Jackson and Bernard W. Sweeney
- 2008–2009: John K. Jackson
- 2007: John K. Jackson and Bernard W. Sweeney
- 2018: Bernard W. Sweeney
- 2008–2009: Bernard W. Sweeney
- 2010–2018: White Clay Creek, Pa., Flint River, Ga., Mississippi River, Mo., and Susquehanna River, Pa., and Delaware River, Pa.
- 2007–2009: White Clay Creek, Pa., Flint River, Ga., Alabama River, Ala., Lake Blackshear, Ga., Mississippi River, Mo., Susquehanna River, Pa., and Raritan River, N.J.
Project Years: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018