When: Friday, June 5, 2020, 2-3 p.m. EDT
Where: Online via Zoom and Facebook Live on the Leaf Pack Network Facebook page. (Webinar recording will be shared afterwards on our YouTube channel.)
Audience: Middle and high school teachers, environmental educators, and citizen scientists.
Cost: FREE! Registration is required to attend via Zoom.
Stroud Water Research Center will be recording this live workshop or webinar, including all questions, comments, etc., by the audience. By participating, you agree to allow the recording to be posted on the Stroud Center’s YouTube channel, website, Facebook page, Instagram feed, and other media. If you do NOT wish your name or likeness to be recorded and shared for potential public distribution, please visit the Stroud Center YouTube channel following this event to watch the recording; please note that a publicly available recording is not always guaranteed.
After many moons we are finally ready to show the world the NEW Leaf Pack Network Stream Ecology Kit! In this webinar we’ll walk you through the following new features that we’re sure you’ll “leaf” for (well, maybe leap for!):
- New biotic index featuring three color-coded sensitivity groups using a colorblind-friendly palette.
- Updated sorting sheet to match the sensitivity groups.
- New data portal at MonitorMyWatershed.org.
- New laminated dichotomous key to follow sensitivity groups.
- Updated macroinvertebrate identification flashcards (now including riffle beetles, left- and right-handed snails, and more!).
- Updated manual and data sheets, including a new habitat data sheet.
The Leaf Pack Network® is an international network of teachers, students, and citizen monitors investigating their local stream ecosystems. Following instructions in the Leaf Pack Network Manual, monitors use tree leaves and aquatic insects to determine the health of their stream and understand its ecology. The Leaf Pack Network is an initiative of Stroud Water Research Center and part of the WikiWatershed Toolkit.