Citizen Science Group
tel. 610-268-2153, ext. 312
970 Spencer Road, Avondale, PA 19311
Interests and Expertise
Dave works with watershed groups in the Delaware River basin to help build capacity to monitor and detect change in stream conditions. In support of this, he is developing monitoring methods centered around Stroud™ Water Research Center’s Mayfly data logger board and EnviroDIY sensor stations. He is assisting watershed groups in integrating these approaches into their programs and customizing them according to their specific needs. Dave is also facilitating watershed ecology and monitoring workshops in support of citizen science in the Delaware River basin.
- M.Ed., Curriculum and Instruction (Science Education, Biology), The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, Pennsylvania.
- Master of Environmental Management, Water and Air Resources, Duke University, Nicholas School of the Environment, Durham, North Carolina.
- B.A., Biology and Anthropology, Franklin and Marshall College,
- Lab Manager, Science Education (Research Assistantship), The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, Pennsylvania, 2014-2016.
- Student Teacher (Biology), Hollidaysburg Area Senior High School, Hollidaysburg, Pennsylvania, 2015.
- Environmental Scientist and Senior Field Biologist, Tetra Tech, Incorporated, Santa Fe, New Mexico, 2008-2015.
- Senior Field Biologist and Environmental Scientist, Tetra Tech, Incorporated, Owings Mills, Maryland, 1999-2008.
- Research Assistant, Duke University, Nicholas School of the Environment,
Durham, North Carolina, 1998-1999.
- Research Assistant, Henry’s Fork Foundation, Ashton, Idaho, 1998.
- Research Assistant (Hackman Scholar), Franklin and Marshall College, Lancaster, Pennsylvania, 1996.