Watershed Restoration Coordinator
tel. 610-268-2153, ext. 310
970 Spencer Road, Avondale, PA 19311
Interests and Expertise
Lamonte is an experienced conservation professional with over two decades of achievement in agricultural water quality protection and natural habitat restoration. He coordinates projects which strengthen the environmental performance and economic sustainability of agricultural producers and rural landowners in Pennsylvania. Lamonte uses a broad suite of tools in his work including outreach, fundraising, media, project coordination, and on-farm assistance.
- B.S., Agricultural Economics and Rural Sociology. The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, Pennsylvania.
- Goshen College, Goshen, Indiana.
- Watershed Restoration Coordinator, Stroud Water Research Center, 2014–present.
- Pennsylvania Agriculture Program Manager, Chesapeake Bay Foundation, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, 2008–2014.
- Private Consultant, Lancaster, Pennsylvania. Worked with Chesapeake Bay Foundation, Pennsylvania Association for Sustainable Agriculture, Buy Fresh Buy Local, and Blue Ribbon Commission on Lancaster County Agriculture, 2003–2007.
- Interim Executive Director and Director of Southeast Pennsylvania Association for Sustainable Agriculture, Millheim, Pennsylvania 2000–2002.
- Project Associate, Environmental Quality Initiatives, Inc., University Park, Pennsylvania, 1999–2000.
- Pennsylvania Agricultural Specialist, Chesapeake Bay Foundation, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, 1988–1998.