[ALUMNA] Part-Time Environmental Educator
Stroud Water Research Center
970 Spencer Road, Avondale, PA, 19311
Interests and Expertise
Elena Hadley has a background in both outdoor education and with positive behavior programs in public elementary and middle schools. In addition to studying the factors of ecosystem resilience, she engages people to examine the human habitat and explore their relationship within their regional ecosystems. Her passions include equestrian sport, hiking, foraging, and meditation.
- B.Sc. Environmental Design, concentrations in wildlife conservation and landscape planning, University of Massachusetts- Amherst, Massachusetts.
- 2012 Fund for the Improvement of Postsecondary Education scholar, Urban Planning and Sustainability, Universidade Federale de Goias, Goiania, Brazil.
- Part-time educator, Stroud Water Research Center, 2021–2023.
- Equestrian groom and young sporthorse development, Fédération Equestre Internationale, 2016–2021.
- Program coordinator, Bridges Afterschool Program, Washington South Supervisory District, K–6, Northfield and Roxbury, Vermont, 2013–2016.
- Positive behavior program coordinator, Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports, Washington South Supervisory District, K–6, Northfield and Roxbury, Vermont, 2013–2016.
- Assistant riding director, Windridge Tennis and Sports Camps at Teela-Wooket, Roxbury, Vermont, 2013.