When: May 13-14, 2020, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. each day.
Stroud Water Research Center The workshop has been changed from in-person to online via Zoom video conference.
Audience: Individuals and groups who want guidance in building, programming, installing, and managing EnviroDIY monitoring stations. Workshop is limited to 12 participants.
Cost: $475* (attendance fee, per person). There are additional costs (see Registration section below) if you want to leave the workshop with your own monitoring station.
*If you are participating on behalf of a Pennsylvania watershed protection organization or your organization is part of the Delaware River Watershed Initiative you may qualify for financial assistance; contact David Bressler for details.
This workshop will guide attendees through the process of building an EnviroDIY monitoring station. Attendees will leave the workshop with a functional monitoring station equipped with a Conductivity/Temperature/Depth (CTD) sensor. Refreshments, light breakfast, and lunch will be provided on both days. Please wear shoes and clothes suitable for light outdoor work. Laptop computers will be provided for use in programming of Mayfly Data Loggers.
Workshop registrants are responsible for reading and understanding all of the following information — including the preparations they need to make and additional costs that may be incurred. Please read carefully.
Attendees must complete the following steps by the registration deadline on April 15:
- Read this flyer to make sure this workshop is right for you.
Register for the workshop. Workshop is full! If you are interested in attending a similar workshop in the future, please contact David Bressler.
- Pay the workshop fee ($475). If you are uncertain if you qualify for the fee waiver, please contact David Bressler.
The workshop fee includes all costs for building an example EnviroDIY Monitoring Station with equipment and sensors for instructional use during the workshop. If you would like to leave the workshop with your own EnviroDIY Monitoring Station, please complete the following additional steps by April 15:
4. Purchase your kit ($400). Kit will not be shipped; you will receive it at the workshop.
5. Purchase your CTD sensor (~$500). When ordering, you must specify that you want the 3.5 mm stereo plug on the sensor cable. The sensor will be shipped to you and you will need to bring it to the workshop.
Please be aware that if you purchase and install an EnviroDIY Monitoring Station you may incur additional costs after the workshop:
- Up to $200 for station installation equipment and supplies (equipment/supply list provided at workshop).
- ~$10/month cellular data plan for transmission of data to Monitor My Watershed online data portal.
- Optional but highly recommended, >$500 reserved for parts/sensor replacements (note that vandalism, accidents, and wear and tear are all common).
Questions? Contact David Bressler.