When: Tuesday, July 16 from 11:30 a.m. to 1:15 p.m.
Where: The Meetinghouse at Stroud Water Research Center (map below)
Bring your lunch and join us for a review of our scientists’ presentations from the Society for Freshwater Science 2019 conference in Salt Lake City. View presentation abstracts
You are welcome to come for any portion of the schedule that interests you!
- 11:30-11:45: Marc Peipoch et al., Structural and functional trajectories of biofilm community succession
- 11:45-12:00: Melinda Daniels, Riparian forest restoration transforms stream channel geomorphology: timescales and mechanisms of biogeomorphic change
- 12:00-12:15: Raven Bier et al., Biogeography of bacteria in headwater streams across biomes and seasons
- 12:15-12:30 Tara Muenz et al., Macroinvertebrates.org: Interdisciplinary collaboration to build a digital teaching collection for aquatic macroinvertebrate identification
- 12:30-12:45: Diana Oviedo-Vargas, High-resolution spatio-temporal DOM dynamics in White Clay Creek
- 12:45-1:00: Jinjun Kan et al., Bacterial succession in headwater biofilms
- 1:00-1:15: John Jackson et al., Land use effects on a temporal comparison of the presence and abundance of microplastics in riverine systems